Friday 11 June 2021

Let's Talk: Christianity

 Good morning, afternoon, evening, you beautiful people!

It's early June and I have recently found out that the founder of The Synagogue Church Of All Nations, Prophet T.B. Joshua has passed and went to be with the Lord. This really shook me because for as long as I can remember Emmanuel TV has been apart of my childhood. I was not expecting the Prophet to die so soon and it made me question my own Christianity.

Am I ready to go? If I were to perish, where would my soul go to , Heaven or hell?! All the deep, dark questions started to pop into my head like popcorn. 

Before I go any further, I want to stress that being ''worthy'' of salvation is something that we can never attain but that's why Christ died so that we won't have to suffer the consequences of our sins and shortcomings. I had forgotten this and lost my cool, remembering what a sinful being I am. 

Now I am not a pastor nor a minister, as I do not feel that I have that calling but as a Christian I feel the need to say something.

I feel that many churches are all for ''winning souls for Christ'' and bringing those who do not know Jesus close to Him. Which I think is commendable but I feel that when it comes to rededicating your life back to Christ, that's when it's dead quiet. It seems as if those who have lost their way in the forms of sleeping around, joining the wrong crowd and doing drugs are the only ways to go astray.  I feel that losing faith, not praying and reading the Bible are also ways of losing our way. Getting caught up in the physical aspect of things and forgetting that we are spiritual beings in a human body. 

For me personally, I have felt judged at most churches and felt fear and shame to admit that I am struggling with my faith and need guidance and a clean slate.  

I feel that it's never too late to turn around and rededicate yourself to our Creator. Below is a prayer that I found on Pinterest, it's nothing fancy at all but I believe that the most simple and genuine prayers are the best. It's amazing to be pumped and on fire for Christ but I wholeheartedly believe that He meets us where we are at, without any judgement for He is merciful. 

Image From Pinterest ( no copyright infringement intended)


I apologize for the late update, have a blessed weekend!

All my love💗💜

Ruthy Zikhali


No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's Talk: Christianity

  Good morning, afternoon, evening, you beautiful people! It's early June and I have recently found out that the founder of The Synagogu...